Boudoir is translated as a woman’s bedroom or private sitting room. Boudoir photos are usually taken in your bedroom, a lounging place in your home or a hotel room (a place very intimate and comfortable). This style of photo shoot has been typical for the engaged woman. Many women give these photos to their husband-to-be as a pre-wedding gift.
Here are Six Reasons To Do A Boudoir Photo Shoot:
- Getting dolled up. Let’s be honest. You probably don’t get a chance to get dolled, walk around in sexy lingerie, and feel like a star very often. Take a day, book a shoot, and allow yourself to feel sexy!
- Empowerment. Women are powerful and you should tell yourself that more often! Boudoir photoshoots are all about you. So, do this for empowerment.
- Celebration of a transitional period. Are you in a new period in your life? Maybe you just got engaged, you’re pregnant, or it’s your anniversary. These shoots are not only empowering but a symbol of growth.
- Celebration of your body. Celebrate your body because you’re the only one who has YOUR body. Plain and simple.
- Correction of doubts. Social Media has given us a false perception of beauty. It’s time to stop comparing yourself to the girls on Instagram and realize how beautiful you actually are.
- Seeing yourself in a different light. It’s just you, your lingerie and your photographer. You’ll often relax, open up and find a different part of yourself that you never knew was there. You’ll even find other super sexy features you weren’t even aware of!
We encourage every woman to do this. Do it for fun, for love, but most importantly; for you! If you are in need of some sexy lingerie for your boudoir shoot, visit one of our sexy lingerie stores.